Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympics - No, Advertisement - yes?

I wanted to see some online videos from the Olympics game, and I knew NBC should have a great site for this, because Microsoft published the fact that NBC plans to use Silverlight to share the Olympics videos.

So I went into http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html.

I got an advertisement.
Ok, we already got used to the fact that those web sites should earn money in this way or another.

Then I got the following message:

We're sorry, NBC is required to restrict this video to viewers within the United States

"We're sorry, NBC is required to restrict this video to viewers within the United States"

To tell the truths, I'm used to this too.
What can I do, I really do live outside the US.

So what's wrong with this?
The fact that I was good enough to view the advertisement.

Couldn't you check if I'm from within the US before wasting my time with this Ad?

No comments: