Thursday, November 15, 2007

Live Search Webmaster Center - Verification Error

I read MSDN Blogs.

And so I found out this new service "Live Search Webmaster Center".
So I wanted to play with it on my current Blog Site.

This service required you to prove you are the owner of the site (make sense).
In fact "Google Analytics" do the same.

I have choose to validate using the Meta Tag.
But I got:

Verification error
We weren't able to authenticate the website

When I look at the Source (view source) I see that BlogSpot played a little with my Meta tag:

the inverted commas were replaced by single apostrophe, and the order of attributes ("name" and "content") was replaced too.

from:

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="here comes the unique code" />

to:

<meta content='here comes the unique code' name='msvalidate.01'/>

 

I don't think such minor changes should have break the validation.

Now, the other validation way is to put an XML file in the website's root.
But I don't think it is possible here in BlogSpot.

Help is needed...

1 comment:

Becketts World said...

Thank you for wriiting this